Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Fall-ifying My Home...

 - Ideas for bringing a little fall style to your Home-

Now that fall is here, it's time to make our homes warm and cozy.
Out come the decor bins and off we go...styling away.

As you know by now, even when styling my home for the seasons, 
I maintain a cohesive look that blends in with my home's existing 
decor style. For me, this allows me to create a design that doesn't compete 
or overpowers my everyday design.

My objective when styling for the seasons is to blend new pieces
with existing pieces thereby allowing each one to enhance the other.
I begin by keeping (for the most part) with the same color palette that 
is visible throughout my home.  My decor palette is a neutral one so this 
really helps when bringing in new decor items.

 Fall is all about texture, and that's music to my ears.  
On the normal, I add texture to my home decor everywhere I can.

--------------------
 A basket filled with pillows is the perfect 
solution for extra floor seating for those
fall family game nights.

 A galvanized bucket oozing with fabric pumpkins
adds plenty of whimsical texture to this corner of our great room.




--------------
Regardless of the season, candles are always a good decor choice. 
As the days get shorter, there's 
something about their soft glow of that makes
fall evenings feel even cozier than usual.  
This mason jar candle surrounded by a few fall novelties
creates the perfect fall mood in the dining room.




-------------------
 Faux fall foliage (now that's a tongue twister)
is everywhere the days.  Faux greenery is a cost 
effective way to keep your vignette arrangements lasting 
all season long.  Faux greenery has come a long way and many 
pieces in the decor stores look so authentic, it's hard to tell the
difference from real or faux.





-------------------
As well styled console table greets the season and 
sets the mood for the rest of your home.
This console table is fall ready with cozy throws, pillows, 
and plenty of pumpkins to welcome the season.

----------------------


 Simple fall touches...

 I like adding special little touches around my home
when styling for the seasons without overdoing it. 
These adorable little olive leaf wreaths are the
perfect accessory for dressing up our great room bar stools. 


------------------

Signs are a beautiful way to express special sentiments around your home.
My GATHER dining room window sill sign ties
 in well with what the fall season is all about.



--------------------

Fall opens up the holiday season and that means plenty of entertaining...

A beautifully styled table doesn't have to be much work.  Bringing in texture and greenery was a simple task for creating this easy fall centerpiece.  This line of faux greenery plants from IKEA running down the center of the table was all it took!





A more elaborate fall table like this Thanksgiving table design 
can be easily achieved by bringing in plenty of texture.
The gold charger plates dress up the table for a more formal fall gathering.



To bring in a little fall authenticity to the table, I added real succulents in terracotta pots
 as an addition to the fabric pumpkin centerpiece. 

 The place settings provide each guest with a take home memento 
of time shared at my table




So as is visible in the photos above, styling one's home for fall doesn't have to be an overwhelming task.  In fact, fall styling looks best when it's kept minimally introduced.  Overpowering your home with faux maple leaf garlands, an excessive over abundance of orange pumpkins, and messy hay bales will make your space look cluttered and forced.

My recommendations...
  •  Keep things simple.
  • Maintain cohesion with your home's overall decor, and...
  • Bring in pieces that blend well with what you already have on display.


Happy fall Ya'ALL!!!


XX,

Betty


No comments:

Post a Comment