Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Easter/Spring Tablescape...


  I hope this post is helpful as you prepare to design your Easter/Spring table.

As Easter approaches, it's not about the bunnies or the flowers, 
it's about the ultimate sacrifice that our Lord and Savior made 
for each and every one of us.  And for me, it's always important to 
keep that in perspective.

As many of us get ready to gather with family on Easter...I have put 
together two simple tablescapes that you too can create.  In addition, you can 
use this design for a simple spring lunch as well.

 I will share that both table designs
were created with items I already owned.

The first is a monochromatic design where I used 
whites and creams as my neutral palette.  I love the simplicity 
of the design as it gives the table a natural tone.  In the picture
I used faux hydrangeas, but I had this been the actual table 
I would use for my Easter brunch, I would use natural flowers... 
but, it's completely up to you.


Tip:
 As you can see, I didn't use a table runner in this design.
  Instead, I Layered my linen napkins underneath the appetizer plates,
and didn't need to overwhelm the table with a runner.
(sources:)
 Linen Napkins- Pottery Barn 
Silverware: Vintage (only for display)
Nests- Pier 1 
Large Plates - World Market
Appetizer Plates- The Cellar for Macy's

As I mentioned, I previously owned each item
of this tablescape, which is a great way to not
only save money on each new design, but it 
allows me to reuse decor pieces that I love so much
in various different ways each year.
The adorable decorative Robbin eggs I used 
are one of my favorite decor pieces.  I was so excited
to open up my spring decor bin so that I could pair these
adorable little eggs with another favorite spring decor item,
my favorite little nests!

The three tiered server is from Pottery Barn,
and it is another versatile piece you often
see in my decor.

Using natural elements in something I 
enjoy in my designs like these branches, I picked and then recycled
from an entryway vignette I had worked on.  Paired
with one of my favorite white pitchers, it complemented 
this decor on the kitchen buffet just perfectly.




 Adding some fun touches makes your
design even more personal to your style.
Tip:
Adding a little whimsy is 
a great way to soften things up a bit, and not
make it feel overly stuffy.  I decorated this little
tag and added a tiny bunny clip to bring a 
cheerful touch to the overall design.



 And there you have it...Thus monochromatic table is perfect 
for Easter/spring, and didn't take much to put it together.  Remember
to use what you already own, and don't be afraid to add a little whimsy too!

---------------------------*--------------------------

 Adding a little Splash of Color...
 One of the things I enjoy most about spring is
the beautiful color palette of pretty pastels that
seem to be everywhere.  From a bushel of pink hydrangeas, 
to the pretty colors of Easter eggs...The colors of spring
make everything more beautiful.

I wanted to design a table with a little splash of color
atop white pieces that would make for a subtle pastel palette 
without overpowering the overall design.

Setting the color of my choice was the first thing I did.  I had visions 
of a soft baby blue atop white dishes, and that is exactly what I set out to create.
As in the previous table design, I again used decor items I already had.  Some of the pieces
in this table design are the same pieces I used in my monochromatic table design.

 TIP:
Let's begin with the napkins. If you know me, 
you know I am all about fabric napkins.  I think they add 
a classy feel to a table.  After going through my fabric remnants from
previous projects, I came across this pretty baby blue fabric.  I instantly scratched
the idea of going to the fabric store, and decided to use this pretty fabric as my napkins!
 I would normally stitch them to create a more complete look, but I decided to cut them, 
and use them raw.  I'm sure you have remnant fabric pieces laying around, so don't be afraid to convert them into simple fabric napkins for your next table design.  

 I am all about beautiful place settings, and this one just
came naturally.  I absolutely love the soft touch the little sprig
of faux hydrangea gave to each place setting.  Again, if I was entertaining, 
I would use natural flowers.  

I laid vintage silver (* for display only- hence their tarnished patina)
 across the appetizer plates to give the design a casual feel. 
 On each bread plate, I placed my favorite little nests and adorable
Robbin eggs.  I like the whimsy that it brings to the table.



I used some of my left over Robbin eggs as 
vase fillers for a simple glass vase.  The faux bouquet 
coordinated nicely with the yellows and creams of the 
Robbin eggs.

The bunny banner was a DIY project I created a few years ago, 
and I'm happy to say it has made it's reappearance each spring since.
You might have seen it gracing my family room mantel at one point.

 One of my favorite childhood desserts
was "merenguitos"  My dad always made 
sure to stop at the Cuban bakery to buy me
some little meringues.  So, I always have some
inside my little dessert dome.  They are so pretty 
that they make the perfect decor atop my
kitchen buffet.

Speaking of the kitchen buffet..I enjoy dressing it up
to coordinate with my table designs; It serves as the 
perfect backdrop  
  
My favorite water not only tastes devine, 
it comes in the prettiest bottles too!
When I noticed the label matched my 
impromptu fabric napkins, I knew
I had to incorporate them into the design.
And how pretty do they look atop of the all white serving tray!

Here is a complete look of the kitchen buffet...

Sources:
Bunny Banner- MaddiebellaHome
Dessert Dome- Martha Stewart for Macy's
White Platter- Cost Plus World Market





I hope you have found some inspiration 
from these two Easter/Spring table designs...
I hope you are enjoying the start to spring!
XX,
Betty


 

No comments:

Post a Comment