Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Monochromatic with a splash of color...

I lean towards monochromatic design palettes overall-
The holidays are no exception.

There is just something so classy about whites, 
and the patina of muted golds and silvers.

While I gravitate towards the monochromatic palette, 
I do incorporate a splash of color where I see fit in order to enhance 
my designs.

My family room console table and dining room buffet
are host to my obsession of soft whites, shimmery silvers, and subtle
 muted golds, but there is always that pop of color that will make it's 
way into my vignettes without overpowering the original 
intention of the classic monochromatic design that I love so much.



These shimmery baubles floating inside one of my creamy white
bird cages, allow for the right amount of color on an overall 
monochromatic holiday vignette.  The little red bird perched atop the 
outside of the cage brings colorful "life" to the design.
So go ahead, experiment with a monochromatic palette in your holiday designs,
and apply a touch of color wherever you see fit. And, while nothing says winter like
soft white, shimmery silvers, and muted golds; a little color here and there 
added subtly of course will give  an unexpected touch of life to your designs.   




I hope you are all enjoying the holiday season as much as I am...
XX,
Betty















































































































sharing at:

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the idea of the ornaments inside the cage and the bird perched on the top :) Just lovely
    Jennelise

    ReplyDelete