Monday, October 21, 2013

Halloween Mantel (My Black & Cream Halloween 2013)

Black and Cream Halloween Mantel


The BLACK & CREAM HALLOWEEN theme in my home 
has proven to be one of my favorites.  I love the subtle 
touch it adds to my existing traditional decor.  I was able
to use and incorporate existing pieces into this theme without 
having to spend too much on new decor pieces.

Here is my Black and Cream Mantel vignette. 


I opted for a simple, clean look that isn't over the top.   


A french Queen Anne Chair takes precedence on the hearth.  I layed
a cream hemstictch fabric over the chair cushion, and placed a black and cream toile
accent pillow on the the chair back to compliment the overall color scheme.


For a little bit of whimsy, I placed a witch's cauldron that I had 
left over from last year's decor, added a cream felt flower and attached it
to the handle with some hemp twine.  I placed this adorable little cauldron
on the chair as an accent piece.

 A feathered crow on a flea market vintage canvas frame
 sits on an easel on the hearth floor.

 A stack of black and cream covered books with spooky stamped titles
sit underneath a silver goblet with with faux white roses directly on the mantel. 
Glowing orange lights on the banister are seen in the mirror's refection.


Little black frames display some whimsy Halloween images on the mantel's ledge.

 Black and cream pumpkins with Halloween images 
compliment the mantel decor in spooky-chic fashion...
A black leaf garland drapes the span of the mantel for that added
spooky yet simple Halloween touch.



 I'm quite pleased with how my simple Black & Cream Halloween 
mantel turned out this year.  This design is a true testament that sometimes, 
LESS IS MORE!
 

Happy Halloween 2013!
Xx,

Betty











sharing at:


1 comment:

  1. Lovely! Very simple and elegant. Love that feathered crow..perfect...

    ReplyDelete