Thursday, October 20, 2016

Neutral fall Decor: Here's how I do it.

I enjoy decorating for all seasons,
but I can't lie...I'm not always a fan of the colors of fall.
I am just not an orange kind of girl!  
 While I enjoy decorating for fall, I tend do gravitate to a more
neutral color palette in my styling.  

In this post, I am sharing how I've used a neutral 
palette in my fall styling this year. I am also sharing the materials used, as well as how I put each vignette together.   I hope this short little post gives you the 
freedom to go outside the box when decorating your home for fall.




*** ***
About the design:
 Using these small ghost pumpkins from the grocery store,
I was able to create a natural vignette that combined with 
a rustic crate and creamy colored faux hydrangea bundle makes
the perfect fall centerpiece for any table.
Materials:
An old wicker tray
Store bought pumpkins
faux hydrangea bundle (or use any neutral floral of your choice) 
A thrift store crate (which I painted the word FARM on)

How I did it:
Using stencils, I painted the word FARM on my rustic crate.
I placed a flower pot inside the crate to elevate the design, and placed a small bundle
of store bought faux hydrangeas inside the flower pot.
I stacked the small pumpkins alongside the left side of the tray to give more height to the vignette 
while adding natural texture to the overall design.



 A few little changes create a whole new vignette

  In the following picture, I incorporated one of my
MaddiebellaHome Etsy shop month signs to give this vignette
a different look.





***  ***


About the Design:
 Using the a combination of real store bought 
ghost pumpkins in varying sizes and the same rustic 
crate as in the pictures above, a painted mason jar and faux 
hydrangea bundle, a cozy throw, and one of my new favorite 
magazine, I crated a fall centerpiece that combines 
neutral and rustic just perfectly.

I call this one, "rustically neutral..."

Materials:  
crate
store bought ghost pumpkins in varying sizes
mason jar 
faux florals
comfy throw
magazine (or seasonal book of your choice)


How I did it:

I stacked my ghosts pumpkins inside the crate  by allowing the smaller ones to sit at the top.  

I painted a glass mason jar using chalk paint, and gave it a creamy white hue
 to add to the rustic neutral feel I was going for.

I  placed a small faux floral bundle inside my mason jar, and placed the jar
behind the crate to give the design some visual dimension.

I added a favorite magazine, and added a throw to 
give the design a cozy fall touch. 
I placed the crate on the floor in front of my blanket ladder (not visible in picture) to bring life
to a corner in our entry way.






About the Design:
A collection of white pumpkins on a rustic wicker tray with additional 
white pieces complete this neutral fall vignette.  I created an elongated
centerpiece for our family room console table, by extending the design
away from the tray. The MaddiebellaHome Etsy shop wood sign 
creates a backdrop that recaps what fall is all about.
Materials:

 A combination of grocery (real) and craft store (faux) ghost pumpkins

wicker tray
painted mason jars
a tall white pitcher
faux yellow blooms
additional grocery store ghost pumpkins in miniature version
a GATHER wood sign

  How I did it: 
 I gathered a collection of store craft store and real ghost pumpkins in varying sizes.
I placed the larger pumpkins towards the back of the tray, and placed four medium 
sized real pumpkins in front. 
I painted two mason jars in a creamy white color, and placed one on the tray, and one 
next outside the tray.  A cluster of mini grocery store ghost pumpkins are stacked
to the side of the tray, and a tall white pitcher/vase holding soft yellow blooms
is brought it to add height to this elongated design.  To complete the overall design, 
I added  a wood GATHER sign as the backdrop to the console table vignette.


And there you have it,a few simple ways to create a neutral fall decor in your home as well.

I truly hope you find inspiration by following my simple guide on how to bring "neutral fall" to your 
seasonal decorating.




Happy Fall!!!


XX,

Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment