Friday, May 17, 2013

Nantucket Table...

Nantucket is on of my favorite places on Earth.
 When I think of Nantucket, I think of the
the gray fog that hovers over the island at wintertime.
When I think of Nantucket, I think of the perfect sunsets on Mandaket Beach, and the wild sea grass that grows alongside the shoreline.  Nantucket is my serenity.  
So, this past week, while planning an upcoming outdoor summer dinner, I thought Nantucket would be the perfect theme for an evening of sand, sunset, and sailing;
 And my Nantucket Summer Table was born!

Once I had my theme, I chose the color.  I decided on various shades of yellow, with a splash of gray.  The yellow reminds me of the summer sun and fresh lemonade, and the gray reminds of me of the gray fog that rolls in as it covers the island at wintertime.

The Napkins...

 I wanted to keep the Nantucket Theme authentic, so what better
way than to incorporate some of the places that make Nantucket special to me. I started by using tags to display some of my favorite spots on the island.  I used plain scrapbook tags, printed the names of my favorite Nantucket beaches on yellow cardstock for each of my guests and, I tied them with a pretty yellow ribbon around each dinner napkin.

 Accent Pieces...
 A bright yellow salad plate with white polka dots sits atop
a crisp white dinner plate, and compliments 
the yellow ribbons just perfectly!

Keeping up with the island feel... 
 Instead of drinking glasses, I opted for a more relaxed 
"island ambiance" by using medium sized Ball jars in which my guests will sip their freshly squeezed lemonade.  A simple yellow, plastic straw completes the look.

The Perfect little Bucket...
  The moment I saw this yellow and white striped bucket at the store, I had to have it! In keeping with my yellow theme, I thought to myself, what better way to display the lemons for the freshly squeezed lemonade that in this perfect little bucket. Its round, short and just right!  It's wide open handles remind me of the handles of my beach bag laying on the sand on Sconset Beach.   

The center of it all...
 No fussy and formal centerpiece needed at this dinner party!  Using some left over wood from a previous project
I painted a Nantucket sign that was just fitting to act as the focal point of my table. 

Oh the Placecards...Sigh!
My favorite part when designing a table is creating
the place cards. 
 I want my guests to feel amazing when they 
see their special place at my table.  I always personalize the
place setting with the name of each guestThere is something fabulous about seeing one's name in print.  When I design my tables, it sometimes takes me a while to figure out exactly what my guest place setting will feature, but not this time; the moment I decided to create my Nantucket Table, I immediately knew a sailboat would be the center of each place setting.  And what better base to anchor my sails, than with a beautiful large yellow lemon!  I have to admit, this is by far one of my all time favorite settings!  
And how VERY NANTUCKET, right?!!!
 My guests will be ready to Set Sail Away!       
  
 I used a combination of yellow and white striped as well as, yellow, gray, and white checkered scrapbook paper for each of the sails. I glued each sail to skewers, printed and attached a cardstock flag to personalize each place setting,  and the perfect sail mast was born!







And there you have it, my Beautiful Nantucket Table
with all of the colors and textures of summertime in New England.

9 comments:

  1. Just beautiful...and so refreshing with all the lemons...You did a beautiful job pulling all this together!

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love yellow and this is just gorgeous. The little sails are such a clever idea. Great tablescape. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous theme ... and decor! Love the sign and especially love the little lemon boats. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say that this is one of the cutest/cleverest table settings I have seen in a long time. You had me at yellow, and all the little details are perfect. The best is the lemon sailboat place cards.

    AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for the sweet comments everyone! I am happy that you liked the design. I had a fun time creating it.

      Hugs,

      Betty

      Delete
  5. So pretty~ love this and love the yellows. Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betty, your Nantucket table is STUNNING! Every single detail is perfection, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Betty. I just came across your blog on a facebook post by Remodelando la Casa. This is so pretty! Who wouldn't want to spend a lovely day at your house. Thanks for sharing it with us all.

    I'm now your newest follower and look for to visiting again. Hope you stop by and visit me too.
    Hugs… Tracy@CottonPickinCute

    ReplyDelete