Thursday, April 21, 2016

Table to Soul Backyard Dining Tablescape...

Table to Soul...


 Let's face it, dining Al fresco is not a rare occurrence when you live in Southern California.  Our amazing weather pretty much allows us to dine outdoor all year long.  

Whether you are hosting a backyard BBQ, a girlfriend's brunch,
or a bridal shower, the natural elements of your outdoor space instantly provide for the perfect backdrop.  

As you may know, my family and I dine outdoor quite often.
There is something about sitting at a table in the open air that provides a
sense of calm and relaxation deep down in your soul.

My rule of thumb for entertaining is ALWAYS...MAKE IT PRETTY!
I am not a fan of paper plates and plastic utensils. Now, I get it ,if you're hosting a BBQ for ''The Big Game" you might need to cave, and break open the Costco plastic utensil box, but seriously,
don't make it a habit. Go ahead, bust out your fancy china and silverware, and use your beautiful wine glasses when entertaining outdoors, it will give your table a little touch of glam while you and your guests enjoy a little outdoor rustic at the same time!

Because I mentioned above that for me, an open air table calms the soul...I was thrilled
to find the cutest little tags to use for my place settings...and how fitting that they
 compliment my sentiment perfectly. 

Here is my Table to Soul Outdoor Tablescape...
Feel free to recreate in your outdoor space the next time you dine Al fresco!

 My rule of thumb as always is..use natural flowers when entertaining. 
The flowers in this centerpiece are faux for photographing purposes only.


Black and and White Color Palette



 
 Napkins: Pottery Barn
Heavy Corrugated Cardboard Rustic Tags: Craft Store

 The striped paper straws give the glasses a more relaxed feel,
 and they are  complimentary to the color palette of the table.


 I purposely shot some photos without silverware
 to not overpower the photographs with table props.


 The Chair is vintage, and once belonged to my hubby's 
grandmother. I paired it with a Toile covered pillow that compliments the table just wonderfully.







As is visible in this photo, the outdoor setting provides for the perfect
 backdrop allowing the table to blend in with the beauty of the natural surroundings.











 I added silverware to the rest of the photographs to complete my place setting...





"The Moments Shared at the Table will richly touch your soul..."  
- Me
Whether it's for my daughter's birthday parties, or a holiday dinner,
I often include a personal written sentiment that ties to the overall theme of
my table...I often use frames (sometimes on table easels) to display my message for my guests.







The paper place mats from a paper store in the O.C. give the place setting that
simple-simplicity that I was hoping to achieve.



 The combination of the black and white patterns in the straws, place mats, and baker's twine (in the tags) brings not only texture, but a nice blend of abstracts to my table.







Simple white caterer's plates are perfect for outdoor dining, and will compliment any setting.






I hope my sweet little "Table to Soul" table has inspired you 
to have more meals outdoor... 

Happy Outdoor Dining!
 xx,
Betty 

No comments:

Post a Comment