Monday, December 7, 2015

Wood Christmas Place Setting

Christmas in the Woods is my Dining room theme this year, and with that came the question...
What type of place setting do I design?

I wanted to keep the design somewhat woodsy-rustic without
losing the elegance that I normally like to incorporate in my Christmas table designs. After 
jotting down ideas, I thought, what about using wood???  And with that, I made a trip to 
The Home Depot's lumbar department.

Here is my vision of a woodsy, yet elegant table setting
 for my Christmas in the Woods table.
 Process & Materials:
I had the lumbar guy cut the wood to 1x12 pieces which I then sanded and sprayed lightly with 
a sealer.  I hand wrote the words "Joy" & "Peace" alternatively on the corners of the wood pieces, encircled them using a shape template, (I made six wood settings) then used metallic craft paint by Martha Stewart to trace over the words and circle.

  


  

 To style the place settings, I opted for my set of caterer's plates rather than using my formal china as I 
wanted to keep the balance between woodsy and elegant without one overpowering the other.


 I completed the look by laying my Pottery Barn Hemstich napkins over the plates, and tying a mute-shimmery silver ribbon around my husband's late grandmother's vintage silverware. 



 And there you have it...My Christmas Table Setting for 
My "Christmas in the Wood"s Christmas Table.



Happy Holidays!
XX,
Betty

No comments:

Post a Comment