Thursday, June 11, 2015

The Beach Table: Maddiebella Home Coastal Table 2015

"The Coastal Table" is this year's theme.

As you know I love all things coastal, 
and as a California Girl, the love of the coast is quite appropriate.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoy my coastal table design
as much as I enjoyed creating it.

Brace yourself, there are a lot of pictures this time...
I just couldn't resist.

 

Because the beach is a casual place, I placed 
my hubby's grandmother's silverware in 
a galvanized bucket for guests to grab as needed.

And, what's the Beach table without sand?...
The lanterns are perfect for setting the mood
for a beachside dinner.




A beautiful bottle reminiscent of sea glass keeps the design cohesive...

One of my favorite coastal DIY's thus far;
my coastal sea glass bottles and jars...

My DIY sea glass bottles are 
the perfect addition to my coastal table...

A view from above...

The coastal place settings...

And here's a secret.  This color palette and overall design for this
 table started from the inspiration I got from these adorable 
appetizer plates that my hubby picked up for me as part of my 
birthday presents...

 The beautiful starfish adorn my Pottery Barn hemstitch napkins just perfectly...

Full view of the place setting...

Starfish, seahorses, sand, and nautical rope...
it doesn't get more coastal than this.


The seafoam green on white with the sandy colors found 
in the rope and sea shells brings the palette of the coast to the table.


A recycled BEACH sign from last summer's coastal mantel 
gives the table it's name...

One of my first purchases for this table is 
this adorable Blow Fish plate from Pottery Barn...

Beautiful conch decor add a natural vibe to the design...



The place cards in form of these 
adorable little "Message in A Bottle"
will be sure to make my guest smile.



A collection of coastal novelties 
bring authenticity to my beach table...

One of my favorite pieces is this sea horse
magnifying glass.  Perfect for getting a closer look at sea maps...


The coastal dining table and buffet will
host many gatherings this summer...

And who can resist this beautiful creature..
I had to primp him up by giving him a few
blue "feathers" with my trusty craft paints...
He is perched just perfectly awaiting our guests...

I think he deserves a close up, don't you?!...



The chunky, rustic glasses are made in Spain, and
I love how their green sea glass hue compliments
my sea glass bottles just perfectly...


The nets are from lasts year's coastal vignette's, but I like 
how they make these glass bottles (also made in Spain)
look as if they have just been washed ashore and tangled 
up in a fisherman's catch...

The birch canvas sailboat is another one
of last year's recycled pieces... The pink
conch shell belonged to my hubby's grandmother...

 The caddy is perfect to showcase Maddiebella Home's 
coastal linen napkin collection...

 Tbe coral is from our travels to the Cayman Islands...

The shells are from my collection of shells 
I've picked up along the shore on Miami Beach...

This wooden frame in the the sea foam green 
color palette of my coastal table holds the thematic poem I created 
for my design...

Here is a closer look of the coastal poem 
I created for my Coastal Table 2015...


I hope you've enjoyed my Coastal Table 2015 design, 
and I hope you are inspired to create your own.

Have a Happy Summer...
 and Remember to keep your feet in the sand!

XX,
Betty
 

sources:
appetizer plates from Homegoods

khaki hemstitch napkins from Pottery Barn

blow Fish Plate from Pottery Barn

sea glass bottles from Maddiebella Home DIY project

starfish table runner from Maddiebella Home Linen Collection

coastal novelties from Homegoods & Michael's

silver salad bowl and butter dish from a local boutique in Malibu

charger plates from Michael's

white dishes Pottery Barn























































No comments:

Post a Comment