Nautical Sail Boat Cupcakes...
These adorable Sail Boat Cupcakes were a hit this past Memorial Day weekend!
I had so much fun making the sails that
I think I'm going to recreate this look
for an upcoming sailing day we have planned.
(Tutorial Included at the end of this post)
** (I made two batches, one with blue frosting dye to simulate water, and the other with plain white frosting)
The sails were super easy to make:
Just follow the easy steps below
- All you have to do is go to your local scrapbook store
- Choose patterned and solid card stock in the color scheme of your choice
- Draw a sail template to use as your tracing pattern
- Trace the pattern onto your card stock
- Cut out your sails
- Punch two holes on each of your sails (one towards the bottom, and one towards the top of the sail)
- Insert a lollipop stick or sqewer through the holes (you don't need any glue)
- Trace and cut out a flag for the top of you sails using opposing colors
- Wrap the flag once around your lollipop stick or sqewer and affix with glue
- Tie a string of twine or rope around your sqewer,
- Bake or Purchase your cupcakes, and add a sail to each one. You can choose to dye your frosting blue to simulate water.
- Dress up a pretty platter, and your guests will be ready to set sail away with these adorable Nautical Treats.