Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Holiday Dining Room

 While most people decorate their homes
with the traditional reds and greens 
of the holidays, I gravitate to silver and white.
Something about this color combination exudes elegance.
I tend to rarely use the reds and greens
 in my holiday decor with the exception 
of a pop here and there. 
 Because we celebrate both Christmas and Hanukkah at our house,
I love the way the silver and white in the Christmas decor
 compliments the blue hues of Hanukkah quite perfectly.

Here is our Holiday Dining Room all dressed up for Christmas Last year. 
Sadly, the pictures of my Hanukkah table were accidentally erased when I was
transferring my photos during last year's holiday.

I hope you enjoy my Holiday Dining Room.
These muted silvers and shimmery metallics bring elegance to the dining table.

Small dashes of muted golds make their way subtly onto the color palette.
The gold chargers give the silver and silver rimmed plates a color contrast
without that "matchy, matchy" look.

A simple strand of matted silver berries tied around my Pottery Barn Hemstitch
napkins complete this simple place setting.

The dining chairs get a little "tied up" in a simple white organza ribbon
with silvery snowflakes for that winter wonderland feel.

A closer look of this adorable ribbon...

 
The creamy white table runner is banded with two thick shimmery silver strips
at either side.  Waterford Crystal candlesticks from our wedding registry 
in the midst chunkier candle holders, and clusters of muted silvers and soft gold holiday shimmer.

The dining room buffet is host to the dinner menu 
which sits atop of one of my favorite French easels...


Various small vignettes are displayed on the dinning room buffet, 
table runner, and side tables in my dining room adding a cohesive feel to the overall design.


Just a peek of my Holiday Dining Room Decor from last year. 
Only a few more weeks and the dinning room will once again be transformed
into a winter wonderland once again. 


Have a great week!
Xx,

Betty

4 comments:

  1. Everything is lovely, but if I could only take one thing, it would be the sweet hemstitched napkins. I love simple details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful table....love the silver and white theme you did. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your table setting and your photography is just beautiful. Thanks for visiting my blog, and I'm following you now too. Can't wait to see what this Christmas brings to your blog!
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Betty - I love the silver and white..so beautiful and restful.
    I'm going neutral this year too. But it might have a more woodland feel. I don't know if I can resist red and green. It will be a challenge. You have inspired me though!
    Deb@LakeGirlPaints

    ReplyDelete